Did you just get home from work and don’t have a clue of what to fix for dinner? Well prepare to earn the hero status you deserve! Even better, there’s only like 4…count them FOUR dishes to wash! A cutting board, a knife, the pot, and a wooden spoon. 🙂
The veggies were what I had on hand and the mushrooms were about to turn “science project” so I used them up. This recipe is perfect for whatever is in your veggie drawer.
– 1-2 fresh medium onions, diced into 1″ pieces
– 1 package of pre-cooked/pre-seasoned beef fajitas
– Veggie drawer surprise! (bag of baby carrots, diced celery, mushrooms, etc…whatever. Canned mushrooms will work too.)
– 5 or 6 red potatoes, diced into 1″ pieces
– 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
– 1.5 cups beef broth (use water & bullion if you don’t have any canned broth. You DO need liquid in the pot.)
– 1 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix (None on hand? Make your own!)
– 1 Tbs Worsteshire sauce
– 1 Tbs onion powder
– Any other seasonings to taste (salt, pepper, heat, etc.)
– 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
Spray your pot with non-stick cooking spray. Put your Instant Pot on Sauté and add 2 Tbs of olive oil. When hot, add the diced onions and stir occasionally. After a couple of minutes, add the fajitas and stir every minute or so. After the onions are beginning to release their yummy flavor, add everything else into the pot except the soup. Stir well to mix. Close the lid, set the valve to Sealing, and set the timer for 12 minutes. When it’s finished, let the pot naturally release for 5 minutes and then release the pressure. Open the pot and add the soup. Stir until all the soup bits are dissolved. Viola! Bask in your glory! Do yourself a favor and freeze a batch!
Do you have a quick & easy recipe for an Instant Pot dinner? I’m all ears!